Before filing a claim, please read in full our claims policy below:
- POD: If the customer signs a proof of delivery confirming no damage to the delivered merchandise or their home, or loss of any item(s), Deliveright cannot honor a claim for damage or loss.
- Time Frame: All claims for damage/loss of items, or damage to the delivery recipient’s home must be submitted through Grasshopper within 5 days, including photographs of the damaged item and the surrounding area. Any claim reported after this time cannot be compensated.
- Fragile Materials: Deliveright cannot honor claims for any items made of fragile materials, including, but not limited to: glass, mirror, marble, ceramic, or tile, or for carpets and/or rugs. We do not deluxe light color or fragile upholstery.
- Insurance Value: Deliveright can only cover claim amounts up to the total insured value of an order, which is available on Grasshopper. Customers can increase the insurance coverage when booking an order, up to the maximum coverage amount of $5,000. Deliveright cannot honor claims greater than $5,000. Items where a claim is paid becomes Deliveright’s property.
- Damage in Transit to Final Mile Terminal: Deliveright will only be responsible for damage identified during the pre-delivery inspection if Deliveright handled the shipment to the final mile terminal, with the exception of the fragile items listed above. If the shipper handled transportation to the final mile terminal, Deliveright cannot be responsible for any pre-delivery damage.
- Concealed Damage: For those items where Deliveright handles shipment to the final mile terminal, Deliveright can only honor claims for damage in transit if there is clear and documented damage to the packaging of the item. Deliveright cannot honor claims for concealed damage.
- Right to Repair: Deliveright has the right to attempt to repair any damaged item before the shipper can order a replacement. If Deliveright advises that the item cannot be repaired, or that repair failed, only then can shipper order a replacement at Deliveright’s cost.
- Timeframe for Repair: Deliveright shall have 14 days to attempt repair. If repair has not occurred within this timeframe, shipper can order a replacement. Shipper must inform Deliveright when ordering a replacement and let Deliveright know of the cost (wholesale) as soon as possible.
- Delivering Items as Loaners: If shipper would like Deliveright to deliver a damaged item as a loaner, with the intention of shipping a replacement to the customer at a later date, Deliveright cannot be responsible for the cost of the replacement.
- Inspection before Delivery: Deliveright inspects orders 24 hours before the delivery date, per the typical White Glove delivery process.
- Inspection Upon Arrival: Deliveright will only inspect an order upon arrival at the final mile terminal when a customer requests, and pays for this service. Items marked for inspection upon arrival can be viewed in Grasshopper.
- Service Level: Unless there is clear and documented damage to the packaging of the item, Deliveright cannot honor claims on any orders with a service level of Curbside, Threshold, Room of Choice, or Room of Choice with Debris Removal.
- Indirect Damage Claims: Deliveright shall not be liable for indirect damages including, but not limited to, any loss of profits or revenue, any excess time allocated, or any damages or inconveniences reported by the customer or third party other than direct damages or loss described above.
- Shipping Credits: All approved claims will be paid out to Shipper in the form of shipping credits, to be applied towards future orders Shipper books with Deliveright. Deliveright will not process checks, bank transfers, or credit card charges to pay any approved claims, unless there are extenuating circumstances. The product becomes Deliveright’s property.
- Unpackaged Product Insurance: If Deliveright is picking up a product that is unpackaged, Deliveright will only honor claims up to an amount at Deliveright’s discretion. Deliveright cannot guarantee that the full replacement value will be covered, even if additional insurance is purchased on the order.
- Insurance coverage does not cover Freight Delays.